Pet doors are great for dogs and owners alike. If you have a small dog, good news, we manufacture pet doors for small dogs such as Chihuahuas, Pugs, Pekingese, Maltese, Dachshunds, and Shih Tzus. A pet door offers numerous benefits, such as:
- Comfort and convenience – Dogs have moments of urgency and need to relieve themselves. Imagine the presence of a joyous dog glad to see you instead of a small, anxious pet who has been holding it waiting for your return. A customized, cost-effective pet door will do away with the frequent need for clean-up and eliminate odors.
- Safety and security – Injury or death may be the result of dogs left outside by their owners while they go for work during the heat of summer and frigid temperatures of winter. Dogs can also escape in case of a fire.
- Physical exercise and mental stimulation – Vital mental stimulation and proper health of your dog will be achieved with physical exercise from running and engaging outdoors. Offering secure and safe access to outdoors during the day can effectively curb unwanted behavioral issues related to boredom.
You can get pet door products for any size that are fixed right into your sliding glass door and enjoy these benefits.
Energy Efficient Pet Doors for Small Dogs
Pet Door Products has energy efficient pet doors that are durable and thermally effective for minimal heat transfer. Made in the U.S.A., the Endura Flap cuts down energy consumption with magnetic seal strips that close upon your pet leaving or entering home. If your very small or toy dogs has difficulty pushing open the pet door flap, a screwdriver can be used to pop out some of the magnets and reduce the resistance of the door to match the small dog`s strength. Our pet doors have your security concerns taken care of since our pet doors come with an optional security plate to keep unwanted intruders. Pet doors from Pet Door Products are fashioned with excellent functionality, and clean lines to ensure your view is not obstructed.
Measuring for Small Dog Pet Door
Here are the following steps to measure for a dog door for small dogs. The steps are considered below.
- Determine Flap Width: This is the minimum width needed to let your dog pass through comfortably. With a minimum of one-inch clearance gap on either side, let your dog walk in by opening a sliding door wide open
- Determine Flap Height: The flap top should be placed as high as the top of the tallest shoulder of the pet. The measurement to be taken is from the floor to the top of the tallest pet`s shoulder.
- Determine Direction – When outside, establish the side your sliding door opens, either right or left directions.
Get a Quote on a Pet Door for Your Small Dog
Pet Door Products in Utah offers affordable pet doors for small dogs. Choose to simply have the glass in your existing door replaced with our glass pet door insert, or have us replace the whole door with the pet door already built in. All our dog doors are also weather resistant, so they can stand up to some tough storms, and our pet doors come with a 15-year warranty for peace of mind.
We are not just a business, but we also contribute to the local community. We donate to the Humane Society of Utah and regularly promote and sponsor pet adoption. Give us a call today to find out how we can help you install a dog door in your home.
- 5 Top Tips for Road Tripping With Your Dog - April 20, 2022
- Valentine’s Day Items That Can Be Dangerous For Your Pet - January 20, 2022
- Top 3 Reasons Cat Doors are Great for Cats and People - January 11, 2022