Many people have a common complaint about their poorly-made pet access products: they’re drafty doors. Concern about the draft problem has caused many others to continue living without a pet door. They sacrifice the convenience to avoid having a pet door leaking air in and out of their home. But, not all pet doors are the same.
Pet Door Products manufactures today’s state-of-the-art dog doors. Our energy-efficient pet doors are designed for maximum draft prevention, minimizing heat transfer, and long-term durability.
Regular Dog Doors vs. Pet Door Products with Endura Flap®
Standard department-store dog doors are notorious for letting in cold air in cold months and hot air in hot months. In severe cold or hot climates, the result is higher electricity bills and lower comfort levels in homes. The Pet Door Products solution combines the industry’s highest quality framing with the world leader Endura Flap pet door cover to build the best draft-blocking dog door on the market.
The Pet Door Products Endura Flap provides superior weather protection. For example, this top-quality dog door:
- Resists winds as high as 50 mph to prevent door drafts for improved comfort.
- Blocks cold as low as – 40 F for energy savings.
- Provides UV protection against sun damage to your home’s interior.
The flap is engineered to stay tightly sealed even against strong winds, preventing drafts and driving rain from pushing inside through the pet door. But how can a simple pet entry unit of a high-durability frame and polyolefin polymer flap perform so much better than other dog doors?
Innovative Design and Engineering
Our dog door frames are engineered for superior performance and durability, and the Endura Flap cover is designed specifically to resist heat transfer from either side of the pet door to the other and prevent drafts.
These combined features make the Pet Door Products’ model the world’s most energy-efficient dog door available today:
|Insulation Value:||The sliding door glass panel is made from low-E glass, to prevent direct sunlight from making your home hot inside in summer.|
|Magnets:||The cover flap is lined with small magnets that stay in place and keep the door closed in 50 mph winds for unmatched draft blocking.|
|Double Flap:||An optional double flap pet door unit forms an insulative air pocket between the outside and inside air, shielding against air leaks.|
|Customizations:||Our pet door is one of few offering customizations in upgrades to maximize protection against drafts and extreme temperatures.|
|Low-E Glass Slider Panel||The low emissivity glass in the sliding door panel mount for your dog door is today’s most energy efficient glass for residential doors.|
How to Prevent Draft from Door
Our uniquely efficient pet access units offer the best insulation value you can get for your home in a dog door product. Still, you might need even more weather protection, especially if you live in a severe climate region. You can upgrade your Pet Door Products pet door for enhanced protection against drafts by using one or more of these options:
- Modify Magnet Strength: Options for varying magnet strength allow you to add magnets easily to increase seal strength as needed in rough weather.
- Add Weatherstripping: Apply more weatherstripping along the pet door edges to stop the most aggressive drafts from even the worst storms from compromising your comfort.
- Add a Draftstopper: Use extra magnets and weather stripping together for the ultimate insulation against drafts without interrupting your dog’s free use of the pet door.
- Add a Locking Cover: The slide cover locks the pet door when you want to control your pet’s access, and it can also be used to shut down the opening in the worst weather.
Best Dog Door for Preventing Drafts – Pet Door Products
We manufacture the best energy-efficient pet doors available today, including our beautiful high-performance dog door for sliding glass door model and cat doors for window mounting.
Call Pet Door Products at (801) 973-8000, or contact us on our website for information or order an energy-efficient pet door for your home!
- Spring into Action: The Ultimate Guide to Solving Your Pet’s Outdoor Access Dilemma with the Best Dog Door Sliding Door - April 21, 2023
- April Showers Bring May Flowers and New Sliding Glass Doggie Doors: Top Picks for Effortless Pet Access - April 20, 2023
- How to Help Your Dog Overcome Separation Anxiety - March 21, 2023