With all the unfamiliar people, smells, noises, gifts, and food items filling a home during the holidays, pet dogs can naturally become overwhelmed by it all. When so much stimulation is too much for them to process, they can get over-excited and may begin jumping up on guests, barking, ignoring your instructions, or otherwise pestering people. Obviously, that’s not ideal for your guests, and it’s not best for your dog trying to cope under those circumstances. Fortunately, Pet Door Products offers solutions to help your furry friend be calmer and enjoy the holidays with you and your visitors!
A Dog Door Can Make Holidays Easier
Dogs can experience excitement and exhilaration surrounded by all the festive holiday activities. But, with too much happening, a dog may feel stressed.
In particular, young dogs or those that are easily over-excited may be too hard to calm down with a lot of new people around. They may show signs of anxiety or try too hard to participate with guests. An overstimulated dog can make it hard to manage your social occasions for your guests.
- Sometimes the best solution is to provide a quiet room with your dog’s favorite toys and treats, and cozy bedding for quality quiet time. Or,
- Weather permitting, make a space in your yard a pet-friendly environment outdoors for your dog to access and enjoy safely and securely.
How Dog Doors Improve Life for Dogs and People!
There are so many benefits of installing a dog door. It’s a game-changer for both pets and people. All year long, your dog is free to come and go to the bathroom or play at will, and you are free from manning the door constantly. There are also holiday-specific benefits for both of you in having a dog door:
- You can stay out later for holiday shopping or attend parties without worrying about rushing home or finding an accident on the rug involving your dog.
- You don’t have to wait outside in the cold weather for your pet to go to the bathroom.
- Your dog can go outside to play and relax where it’s quieter without you dropping what you’re doing to open doors during your holiday event.
More Ways to Help Occupy Your Dog During Holidays
- Treats and Toys: Plenty of toys in the yard will keep any dog happy in his/her own backyard all year long! Treats and toys can distract and engage your dog and lessen anxiety while you enjoy entertaining your guests.
- Exercise: Let your dog release lots of energy before your holiday guests arrive. It’s a good way for you to relax and de-stress too. Share a vigorous walk, or just play around in the yard to help tire your energetic puppy.
- Playtime: During the hectic holidays, with less attention, your dog may become bored and experience anxiety. Make time for playing outdoors, weather permitting, and some fun games to stimulate their minds and entertain them is healthy for your dog and you.
A Better Way for Your Dog and You This Holiday Season
Pet Door Products manufactures energy-efficient pet doors, available in all the most popular mounting designs, including our ground-breaking sliding glass dog door.
For information about installing a high-quality pet door before the holidays, call Pet Door Products at (801) 973-8000, or contact us here online today!
Other Related Articles:
- A Gift of Independence
- How a Dog Door Can Make Your Holiday Season Easier
- The Top Holiday Activities in Utah for Pets and Pet Owners
- Top Four Signs It’s Time To Get A Pet Door
- Ways to Help Pets During the Holiday Season
- How to Keep Pets Calm During Holiday Parties
- Christmas Safety Tips for Pets
- Why A Dog Door Is The Perfect Christmas Gift For Pet Lovers
- How to Help Your Dog Overcome Separation Anxiety - March 21, 2023
- Pet Proofing Your Home for Your New Puppy or Kitten - February 28, 2023
- House Training Your Dog or Puppy - January 30, 2023