As Christmas time approaches, we remember those who are important to us. We buy or make gifts that show our love for the people in our lives. We also remember our pets, without whom our lives would be incomplete. Here are seven ideal Christmas gift ideas for your best friend.
Some dogs are all about sporting and follow their quarry wherever it goes. If that describes your dog, then a tracking collar, such as one made by Whistle, or a GPS tracking device attached to a regular collar, should be on your Christmas pet safety checklist. They use 3G technologies to track your dog and many are waterproof. They send text messages and emails to alert you anytime your dog leaves the yard so that you can find him before he gets into trouble.
Comfy New Dog Beds
Whether for lounging about all day or staying warm at night, a comfy dog bed is often the perfect gift. One made with down feathers or memory foam might be a good option. Memory foam beds help ease body aches, joint pain, hip dysplasia, and arthritis. A heated dog bed, which has the option to remove the heater in summer, also can provide relief for senior dogs with achy joints.
Always Fresh Water
High on the list of pet safety tips is to be sure your pet always has enough fresh drinking water. With a pet water fountain, such as one from Brookstone, you don’t have to be anxious about getting home from work in time to empty, clean and then refill your dog’s bowl. You fill the fountain up to the sensor. Whenever your pet comes close, water will flow from the fountain. If you are a frequent traveler, an AutoDogMug might be a great gift. The 20-ounce water bottle helps keep your friend hydrated during long trips.
Every dog enjoys a good toy. Plush toys, especially those with squeakers in the middle, are a perennial favorite. Experts in Christmas safety tips pets urge humans to find ways to relieve their dog’s anxiety during fireworks celebrations or homes filled with guests. For this reason, self-warming, anxiety-relieving toys make great gifts.
If your dog loves to play fetch, the kettle-shaped I-Fetch is an ideal gift for your pet and you. It spits out tennis balls for a distance of 30 feet outdoors or 10 feet indoors.
Your pet will be occupied and happy during bath time with this suction cup treat dispenser. You personalize the dispenser by adding your dog’s favorite treat. Because your pet is occupied with the treat, bath times become easier for you, as well.
Doggie Doors from Pet Door Products
Other Related Articles:
- A Gift of Independence
- How a Dog Door Can Make Your Holiday Season Easier
- The Top Holiday Activities in Utah for Pets and Pet Owners
- Top Four Signs It’s Time To Get A Pet Door
- Ways to Help Pets During the Holiday Season
- How to Keep Pets Calm During Holiday Parties
- Christmas Safety Tips for Pets
- Why A Dog Door Is The Perfect Christmas Gift For Pet Lovers
- Thanksgiving Prep: Simple Training for Your Dog to Use Our Sliding Dog Door - November 17, 2023
- Secure Your Pet This Fall: Improve Pet Safety with our Secure Sliding Glass Pet Doors - October 27, 2023
- The Perfect Fall Upgrade: Find Out Why Our Dog Door for Your Sliding Door is the Best Choice for Pet Parents - October 23, 2023